This book offers a medically proven approach to assist immune system disorders. Dr Sandra Cabot and naturopath Margaret Jasinska give the reader a step by step plan for healing autoimmune disease, reducing inflammation, alleviating symptoms and halting autoantibody production; thereby stopping tissue destruction.
This book offers a medically proven approach to assist immune system disorders.
Autoimmune disease affects approximately one in 20 people and is one of the most significant health problems in Australia.
An autoimmune disease occurs when a person's immune system launches an attack against their own cells, tissues and/or organs. This results in inflammation throughout the body and potential damage to specific organs.
Common autoimmune diseases:
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Graves' disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Coeliac disease
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis, and more
In this book, you will learn:
- The role of specific foods and supplements in reducing inflammation and healing the immune system.
- The detrimental effects of gluten on the immune system.
- How inflammation and intestinal health affect people with autoimmune disease.
- How common nutritional deficiencies can raise the risk of developing an autoimmune disease.
- How leaky gut syndrome is a factor in triggering autoimmune disease.
- The role of hormones in influencing autoimmune disease.
- How vaccinations and environmental chemicals can trigger autoimmune disease in some people.
- Which specific foods to avoid and which foods to eat more of.
This book also contains recipes for healing autoimmune disease.