HealthWise® Myo-inositol is a 100% pure pharmaceutical-grade microcrystalline powder. Inositol is a fundamental ingredient of cell membranes and is necessary for proper function of nerves, brain and muscles in the body.
Myo-Inositol is a naturally occurring substance produced in the human body that belongs to the vitamin B complex group. Myo-Inositol is one of nine different types of Inositol and can be found naturally in many foods such as fruits, nuts and beans. It is a precursor to a number of "signaling molecules" that essentially tell cells how to behave.
- 100% pure powder
- Pharmaceutical grade
- Packed without fillers or flowing agents
- Vegan friendly
HealthWise® Amino Powders are pure pharmaceutical grade powders and are packed by weight not volume, without the use of fillers or flowing agents. Some of the powders are slightly hygroscopic (retain moisture) and this can result in clumping. This can be broken apart with a spoon before taking or dissolved in water.
Ingredients: 100% Pure Myo-inositol.
Specific weight: One 5ml metric teaspoon = 3000mg.
Serving suggestion: As a dietary supplement, start with approx. 1/2 to 1 level teaspoon, preferably taken before meals. Clinical studies have suggested up to 6g in split servings, depending on bowel tolerance. (High doses can cause diarrhoea).
There is some evidence to show that caffeine interferes with inositol uptake.
- High doses can cause diarrhoea.
- There is conflicting evidence whether this amino acid can be taken all at once, in divided doses, with or without food, but it seems best absorbed in the morning before breakfast.
- There is some evidence to show that caffeine interferes with inositol uptake.
- This product is sold as a food only.
- For specific conditions, please consult your healthcare professional.